12 May, 2012

The Sitcom and Soap Addiction 3


It wasn’t long before I finished watching all the dvd collections of Supernatural episodes that Star World India started airing the first 5 seasons of the show. And then later I found out that AXN India was airing the 6th Season. So was able to cater to my Supernatural or rather Jared Padalecki addiction through these channels during the time I had to wait for each fresh episode to be aired in CW – US. I watched primetime airings and repeats. It is during this “glued to SPN” period that I happened to watch promos of The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. Both the series were going to be aired from the start and then my friend Renu Mathew introduced me to the dark passenger of Dexter. Then all the other shows followed suit, The Simpsons, Desperate Housewives, Friends, Raising Hope, How I Met Your Mother, Person of Interest, Touch, Missing, Unforgettable, Criminal Minds, Castle, Charlies Angels, Joey....

After SPN my favourites are the Desperate Housewives and The Big Bang Theory. All my love for The Big Bang Theory is concentrated on two characters Penny and Sheldon. The combination of the two of them is hilarious enough to make me rolling on the ground with laughter. I do this when I am alone and I am pretty sure that anyone peeking in will confirm that I need to be committed. But what better medicine is there to take us through our messy lives than a totally hilarious TV show.

No matter how much of a bad time you are having, the funny people inside the idiot box can make you laugh. And I have to admit that I am sucker for funny sitcoms. But the show need not be an out and put comedy one. But my sweet tooth is for laughter. Because even in case of Supernatural my favourite episodes are the funny ones.

So.... now its time for me to watch some daytime reruns..

Next time, I will tell you about Desperate Housewives, because I am one.

No comments: